Saggy skin can appear ugly to many people, but it is natural, which comes as you age. Other than aging, saggy skin is also a result of sun exposure and heredity. But, fortunately, there are a lot of options to help you avoid your skin getting saggy.
Is it possible to reverse saggy skin?
There are two ways of getting youthful and less saggy skin, surgical methods and non-surgical methods. Surgical procedures consist of:
- Facelift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Laser resurfacing with the help of needles to get to the areas which need treatment
Suppose you don’t want to invest your time and money in surgery. In that case, there are non-surgical methods to treat your saggy skin without puncturing or damaging it, which directly implies that there is no or very little time for recovery. Most non-surgical treatments require only an hour, and you might need one or two treatments to get the results that might satisfy you.
- Radiofrequency- It is a wand that sends heat into the skin to encourage collagen growth.
- Ultrasound: Like radiofrequency, this process also sends heat waves into the skin to develop collagen.
How to avoid sagging skin?
You can consider opting for several steps to reduce saggy skin. Here are the ways for getting youthful skin:
- Have a healthy diet that consists of many healthy fats and antioxidants.
- Sip water in abundance throughout the day for hydration and flushing out the toxins.
- Apply a thick coat of firming cream with vitamin E and C and retinoids.
- Work out daily.
- Sleep for at least 7 hours a day.
- Make sure you are not stressed.
- Reduce the habit of drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Use sunscreen every day.
- Don’t bring expressions like frowning or chewing gum, as it promotes saggy skin.
- Make sure you are sleeping on your back instead of your stomach.
Which treatment is best for getting skin tightened?
Besides the surgical and medical treatments mentioned before, you can consider adding facial expressions to your skincare routine. Because facial expressions make a lot of difference, as mentioned above, you must not make expressions that trigger saggy skin like frowning or the movements which happen whenever you chew gum. Make sure you try these exercises with 8-12 reps while holding them for 5 seconds.
- Whenever you yawn, open your mouth wide and make sure you end it by clenching your front teeth.
- While lying down, pucker your lips, and use your thumb and index finger to pull it downwards.
- Fill some air in your mouth, keep it in for a few seconds, and release it.
- Smile widely.
- Lie down and try to pull your chin downwards towards your neck.
- Try humming with your tongue pressed on the roof of your mouth.
You cannot avoid the process of aging as it is natural, but all you can do is delay it or prevent the aging signs from coming early. Many women and men face this problem of saggy skin in their 40s which is way too young. The best method of avoiding the signs of aging is the one that involves facial expressions, exercises, and a healthy lifestyle. The methods, which include surgery or heat radiation, don’t last long, and they also have ill effects on the skin, which might later cause severe conditions like skin cancer.