Everyone likes sexy, voluminous, and long eyelashes, right? Eyelashes are the ones that protect your eyes from sand, dust, and debris. Along with protecting your eyes, it also gives a lift to your looks, eye makeup and enhances your features. Some women are lucky because they have long and thick eyelashes, but others do not, so to make their lashes thick and long, they apply for mascara and eye extensions.
No doubt, eye extensions help give your eyes an attractive look, but most women experience burning and itching after applying extensions on their lashes. Instead of using extensions, follow natural ways to promote your eyelash growth. There are several reasons your eyelashes fall out, and your eyelashes become short and limp. The main reasons are:
- * Hormonal imbalance
- * Stress
- * Wiping or rubbing eye makeup roughly
- * Dryness on the aging and lids
- * Trichotillomania
- * Irritation or burning from false eyelashes or lash extensions
- * Medical conditions
- * Poor hygiene
- * Irritation from eye products
- * Sleep without removing eye makeup
- * Shed naturally
- * Using expired eye makeup products
Aloe Vera Gel
This gel is one of the best natural remedies to boost or increase your eyelash growth. It has several nutrients that are good to tackle various beauty and health issues. Aloe vera also helps to keep your lashes moisturized. You can apply aloe vera in three following ways to promote your lashes growth:
- First, mix one tablespoon of each jojoba oil, aloe vera gel, and chamomile infusion. Apply this combination with a clean mascara wand on your eyelashes twice daily. Remain it for 15-20 minutes, and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Second, mix one tablespoon of aloe vera and extra virgin olive oil. And apply it with a mascara wand and then rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
- Third, apply aloe vera gel with a mascara wand or cotton swab before going to bed and keep it for the whole night so that it can do its magic. In the morning, wash it with lukewarm water.
Castor oil contains 90% Ricinoleic acid that can reduce hair loss and maintain the thickness of the lashes. This oil is also an excellent source of proteins, vitamins, and omega-6 fatty acids that help in increasing hair growth. You can use castor oil directly to your lashes or by adding some oils like jojoba oil, coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, or argan oil. You can apply castor oil in the following ways:
- Take one tablespoon of cold-pressed castor oil and apply it on the upper and lower lines of your eyelashes with a cotton swab. Before applying, make sure that your lashes are properly clean and dry. Do the process carefully and avoid getting oil in your eyes. After applying, keep it on your lashes overnight and wash it off in the morning.
- You can apply castor oil on your lashes by mixing a few drops of vitamin E in the oil.
- Mix two drops of castor oil with olive oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil, coconut oil, or rosehip oil and apply it on your lashes.
- Fourth way is to take two tablespoons of each aloe vera gel and castor oil, mix or stir it well, and then apply it on the lashes.
Green tea is an excellent home remedy that prevents eyelash breakage and gives you a healthy and steady growth of your lashes. It provides beauty and health benefits to people. Green tea contains numerous antioxidants that help protect your lashes from damage. Drinking and applying green tea regularly both work significantly.
Soak a green tea bag into a cup of hot water and then keep it aside for some time to cool it down. Now apply it on your lashes with the help of a cotton ball. Keep it over your lashes for the whole night, and then wash it in the morning. You can store it in the refrigerator for the next three days and use it. But do not use it beyond three days.
You can use petroleum jelly to moisturize and condition the lash lines that help you to increase the growth of lash hair. By applying jelly on the lids, you can keep that area soft and hydrated, allowing you to maintain overall healthy eyelashes. You can use petroleum jelly in the following ways to increase the growth of your eyelashes.
* Apply vaseline petroleum jelly on the upper and lower lashes every day with the help of a clean mascara wand for excellent results.
* You can apply vaseline petroleum jelly before applying eye makeup or mascara to save your lashes from dryness and damages.
It is an excellent source of vitamin A and E, which help you strengthen your eyelashes, enhance their growth, and nourish lash follicles. Following is the way that how to apply it on lashes: For applying shea butter on lashes, take it on your fingertips and rub. Then give a gentle massage on your eyelashes with your fingertips. Do this process regularly before going to bed. Keep it on your lashes for the whole night and wash it in the morning. By doing this process, you will get thicker and strong lashes quickly.
Remove Eye Makeup Properly
Many women have the habit of sleeping with makeup just because they are tired or have the energy to remove it. Not removing makeup may become the reason for their eyelashes falling out or damaging eyelashes. Mascara has chemicals that can damage your lashes if you apply heavy mascara. So to save your lashes, avoid going to bed before removing your makeup.
The growth of eyelashes mainly depends upon our food habits and lifestyle. You may lose your eyelashes or get short and limp because of a medical condition or your carelessness. But don’t worry, with homemade remedies, you can promote your eyelashes growth. Along with remedies, you need to focus on things like properly cleaning your lashes, removing makeup, and maintaining a healthy diet to maintain healthy and thick eyelashes.